Old November 6th 17, 04:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ding Bat Ding Bat is offline

Default Does a Metro anywhere have a first class section?

On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 4:08:55 AM UTC+5:30, Robin wrote:
On 04/11/2017 10:34, Ding Bat wrote:
Does any city's mass transit have a first class section? India's Supreme Court weighs the issue of a sitting only class in the Delhi Metro, with fares ~5 times as high:
https://www.mensxp.com/special-featu...gh-prices.html

I've not been there but Dubai has a "gold class" on its metro.

https://www.dubai-online.com/transpo...tickets-fares/

Not sure where it connects to London though

I didn't know where else to ask the question. Be that as it may, I've seen
speculation over whether it would be a good idea for underground trains
to be longer than platforms. If they were thus lengthened, then since the
carriages at the ends could have at most one door, foot traffic could be
limited to the capacity of just one door by making them sitting only
carriages, and thereby upper class.