Old November 7th 17, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default Partially pedestrianised Oxford St in 2018

On 07/11/2017 09:50, Neil Williams wrote:
Â* I also think it could do with a narrow (one abreast in each
direction) cycleway down the middle.

With the cyclists having priority over pedestrians who want to cross the
road?

With kerbs to confine cyclists (which become a trip hazard for
pedestrians) or just paint on the road?

With the same level of enforcement faced by cyclists on pavements - ie
none unless in exceptional circumstances (which appears to mean
something like "if you kill or seriously injure someone")?

With provision for parking for cycles outside Selfridges, M&S, etc etc?
(I know cyclists can walk bikes through a pedestrianised area but I
question whether Oxford Street traders want to encourage that rather
than a "park and walk" approach.)

--
Robin