Old November 14th 17, 08:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Proposed trams under Cambridge

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 22:47:14 +0000
Mark Goodge wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 18:13:27 +0000, "Richard J."
wrote:
In what sense is the CamTram a proper railway whereas the Elizabeth Line

isn't?

The Elizabeth Line is a new part of an existing railway, not a new
railway.

That depends how you look at it. It could be viewed as a new railway joining
up 2 previously (operationally) seperate railways, or you could view it as
simply an underground section of the national rail network.

I believe TfL has overall control of the underground section even though a
conscession will run it, so to me it seems more like an entirely new line.