Old November 15th 17, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] srfurley@googlemail.com is offline

Default Croydon

On 2017-11-15 15:38:07 +0000, said:

The age doesn't matter, its all down to whether the owners can be arsed to
keep it up to date and whether the locals are chav scum or not. Brent Cross is
over 40 years old but you'd never know it walking around inside it because it
gets investment and is in a relatively well off area.

Similarly the "old bit" of Milton Keynes shopping centre.

Croydon is an abject dump, which is surprising given how many well-off
commuters live there.

Neil

I recently went into the Elephant & Castle shopping centre for probably the first time in about ten years, looking for a cash machine when on my way to a screening at the Cinema Museum. I used to use it quite often in the '60s and early '70s, when it wasn't bad. The top floor only ever had a handful of shops occupied, and this floor was closed and converted into something else, offices I think, not many years after it was built. The remaining two floors are horrible now.