Old November 16th 17, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams[_3_] Neil Williams[_3_] is offline

Default Croydon

On 2017-11-16 13:26:38 +0000, said:

Realistically who completes a full supermarket shop in a town centre
these days? An out of town supermarket and a Sainsburys Local (there
is already one near the station) will do better I reckon.

I only know quite a small number of people, but I can't think of
anybody I know who goess out of town for their normal shopping. Such
shopping is usually done within walking distance of home, or work, or
of rhe journey between the two.

Mostly in Express/Local type stores then?

Maybe it's a London thing. In most of the UK the weekly shop is done
in an out of town style supermarket (sometimes on the edge of town, but
almost never actually *in* it).

Neil
--
Neil Williams