Old November 16th 17, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams[_3_] Neil Williams[_3_] is offline

Default Croydon

On 2017-11-16 13:28:30 +0000, Theo said:

Maybe the hangars will eventually go dark and turn into delivery depots
instead of walk-in shops?

Tesco already have dark stores, and *all* of Ocado's operation is like
that. One advantage is that you can operate proper stock control
rather than guessing and substituting.

FWIW I haven't set foot in one for a while, I use delivery now. Though
deliveries allegedly aren't very profitable at present, I would pay
more than I do so there is a bit of scope for increasing the price.

Neil
--
Neil Williams