Old November 17th 17, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
upinthesky upinthesky is offline

Default Victoria line signals

On Thursday, 1 June 2017 09:22:40 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 01:15:34 +0100
" wrote:
On 31.05.17 20:51, Richard wrote:
On Mon, 22 May 2017 13:22:12 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Other ATO lines on the tube have a blue or white light for proceed in ATO
mode but the victoria line seems to have retained plain old red/green.. Any
know if there's a particular reason for this?

On other systems I've read about, green means clear to the next colour
light signal whereas white/blue means that you can start under ATP,
either ATO or manual, but the line isn't clear all the way to the
next. Perhaps those signals are 3-aspect? Does anyone have a good
reference for the Victoria signalling?

Richard.

Green - All trains clear

Blue - Trains under code clear

Red - Stop and stay

All I can say is I've never seen a blue aspect on the victoria line. What
signals remain seem to go straight from red to green in my experience.
However perhaps thats just station starters and the blue signals are in the
tunnels?

--
Spud

There are blue and white signals at the end of the platforms, you can probably only see them from the cab. I had a cab ride a couple of weeks back and did notice the odd green signal in between stations as well, but I think they were mainly near reversing points. Trains do move towards block marker boards, which are red and white in colour.