Old November 21st 17, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Enlarged Bond Street station opened

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 12:35:53 +0000, wrote:

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 11:12:08 +0000, Recliner
wrote:

Presumably this new building will replace 55 Broadway?

I understand 55 Broadway is being retained and is subject to a sale and lease back arrangement. This replaced the planned sale and conversion to flats. Looking at the comments under DG's article it seems people are being moved from right across the TfL building portfolio including Windsor House which (I think) is being vacated.

That's interesting (and surprising) -- I though the sale and
conversion of 55 Broadway into flats was a done deal. I even did a
tour of the building that was stated to be one of the last before TfL
moved out, and some parts already appeared to be empty.

I did one shortly after in January this year as I thought there would
not be another opportunity, but only this morning I got an email
telling me the window was open for bookings for it and other places
today for those on their list. For new customers bookings can be made
from Wednesday/22.

Hasn't the halt in the development plan been caused by the present
Mayor getting a bit fed up with many such developments becoming an
investment vehicle for Russian Oligarchs etc to the detriment of the
needs of residential Londoners and stuck his oar in?

Perhaps so, but TfL staying there also doesn't release any new
residential space.