Old June 3rd 04, 05:23 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Seanie O'Kilfoyle Seanie O'Kilfoyle is offline

Default Political Parties 10 June

"tosspot" wrote in message
"David Boothroyd" wrote in message

In article ,
"Seanie O'Kilfoyle" wrote:
"Ben Nunn" wrote in message
"David Boothroyd" wrote in message
to lower the cost of Londoners Poll Tax ( don't give me that
pedantry **** again)
Is it pedantry to point out that the Poll Tax was abolished in

1993,
or
is it accuracy?
pedantTechnically neither, given that 'poll tax' was only ever an
unofficial term of reference./pedant
Haha !

It was however given official sanction when the Department of the
Environment sent a leaflet to every household entitled "The Community
Charge (the so-called 'Poll Tax')". A Poll Tax is a tax levied at the
same rate on every individual and the Community Charge essentially
fits within that definition.
It was therefore a Poll Tax.

that seems to me to be a parrotdox.

If we were to take 1000 zlotys from each Polish wannabe migrant who posts to
u.l.l THAT would be a Pole Tax