Old November 24th 17, 09:59 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

In London, 7 minutes is a long time.

I know the road lay-out at Mitcham Eastfields, and it's one of
those locations where there is not room to take the road either
over or under the railway. As with Highams Park Station, it's a
classic, don't-raise-the-bridge, lower-the-water situation.

As politicians and Network Rail have such a casual attitude to
spending tax-payers' money, and regard 100 million pounds as
loose change, they might usefully consider the very expensive
option of lowering the railway into a cutting in this type of situation.

Yes, I do know that would involve closing a very busy commuter
route for a long time.