Old November 24th 17, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David C[_2_] David C[_2_] is offline

Default Completion of London's Thameslink rail project delayed untilDecember 2019

On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 10:59:06 +0000, Robin9
wrote:

In London, 7 minutes is a long time.

I know the road lay-out at Mitcham Eastfields, and it's one of
those locations where there is not room to take the road either
over or under the railway. As with Highams Park Station, it's a
classic, don't-raise-the-bridge, lower-the-water situation.

As politicians and Network Rail have such a casual attitude to
spending tax-payers' money, and regard 100 million pounds as
loose change, they might usefully consider the very expensive
option of lowering the railway into a cutting in this type of
situation.

Yes, I do know that would involve closing a very busy commuter
route for a long time.

I grew up in Walthamstow & had family in Highams Park, imagine the
traffic problems there when the peak service on the Chingford Branch
was 9 TPH......

Off peak was 6 TPH, at least until the Victoria Line was completed.

DC