View Single Post
  #12   Report Post  
Old November 26th 17, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster

First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jun 2007
Default Bus frequency

On Thursday, 23 November 2017 14:15:54 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\11\22 17:52, Paul Corfield wrote:

There are two books on the history of London's Night Buses which are an excellent read with many photographs.

What do photographs of night buses show that you can't see in
photographs of day buses, apart from blinds with N?

Oh come on. There are literally hundreds of thousands of photos of day routes taken over the decades. Taking night bus photos, especially pre digital technology, was much harder given the constraints of film. There were also far fewer vehicles actually out and about and minimal night time transport to get around. Also there is something rather different about night time light. I've taken quite a lot of night bus photographs and they are some of my most popular snaps on Flickr [1].

If you approach bus photography on the basis of a "bus is a bus is a bus" then why bother? For me the issue is more about recording the different routes, different locations and the people using the routes. I actually like to get a bit of "life" in my photos (if possible) rather than just a 3/4s view of the vehicle. Oh and we can't get in a Tardis and go back to the 1980s so we have to rely on other people's generosity in sharing their photos for publication in the books.

[1] in case anyone is interested - https://www.flickr.com/photos/247597...57619953634241

--
Paul C
via Google