Old November 26th 17, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Bus frequency

On Sunday, 26 November 2017 12:44:47 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\11\26 11:44, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thursday, 23 November 2017 14:15:54 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\11\22 17:52, Paul Corfield wrote:

There are two books on the history of London's Night Buses which are an excellent read with many photographs.

What do photographs of night buses show that you can't see in
photographs of day buses, apart from blinds with N?

If you approach bus photography on the basis of a "bus is a bus is a bus" then why bother?

I certainly don't think a bus is a bus, but I do think a Leyland
National in LT livery is a Leyland National in LT livery, regardless of
whether it's a 216 in sunny Sunbury or a ... (has there ever been a
single decker night bus, apart from the bendies on the N29 etc?)

Yes the N96 which ran from Waterloo to Chingford used Leyland Nationals as they were the only OPO buses Leyton Garage had at the time. I had one very memorable journey on the N96 which nearly resulted in a riot in the bus - nothing to do with me I hasten to add. There have also been rogue workings with single deckers over the years.

We also had bendies on the N12, N453 and N25. Currently the 214 and 108 use single deckers on their night journeys although the 108 also has double deck supplmentary late journeys to act as "O2 jam busters" between NOG and Lewisham. The 285 also used Darts on its night journeys for many years. First Berkshire use Citaros on their N7 between Slough and Heathrow.

--
Paul C
via Google