Old December 11th 17, 06:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Snow on the line

In article ,
Recliner wrote:
I don't think that was the problem. I think it was genuinely a power supply
problem, as it also affected the Piccadilly line Uxbridge branch. Later,
when the Met line was running again, the Amersham branch continued to be
affected, and that might have been more to do with snow/ice on the running
and conductor rails.

Also the Central line east of Leytonstone. Ice on the conductor
rails was the only thing I thought was likely; but the snow started
after the service and I'd've thought the current would have warmed
the rail enough to melt it - it wasn't _that_ cold, after all. What
do you speculate was the root cause? I'm struggling to come up with much
that seems plausible to me.

--
Mike Bristow