Old December 17th 17, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Gateline Staff Playing Games On Smart Phones

In article ,
(CJB) wrote:

Gateline Staff Playing Games On Smart Phones

Uniformed idiot on the gateline at a TfL station on Sunday refused to
open the nearest gate for me - they were all showing red crosses.
Reason: he was more interested in playing games / texting on his
smart phone. His attitude was of complete disinterest.

How come uniformed staff are allowed to do this - whilst also on duty?

I've seen these idiots all over the network including at TfL stations.

Paddington platform 11 (and others) is particularly acute when the
gateline staff don't open the gates until a train is almost about to
leave. Even whilst the CIS states 'Boarding' they refuse to open the
gates.

For the same "in these days of smartphones" reason I wonder why they think
they might get away with it. How good were your pictures?

--
Colin Rosenstiel