Old June 4th 04, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
gs gs is offline

Default Ban Hot food on the tube (was Strike Action)

On 4 Jun 2004 01:50:12 -0700, Boltar wrote:

gs wrote in message
Also ban eating on the underground. Ok a bit harsh but
would eventually lead to a cleaner underground similar to
what banning smoking did.

I wouldn't ban eating on the tube since I think most people do it
occasionally
if they're in a hurry , I know I have (and where do you draw the line ,
do
you kick someone off for eating a polo mint? What about a biscuit?) but I
do think its time that LU started reintroducing bins. Theres no reason
not to
have then since as we've seen terrorist hardly need them to cause chaos
these
days.

B2003

I see your point but I many times have boarded a train
where hot smelly food has been eaten recently and forget the pong,
the rubbish left behind is disgusting.

Also had the misfortune to watch a small child eating a burger
on the train. The mayonnaise was oozing out of the burger and the child
was wiping it on the seats next to him whilst his mother was smiling
adoringly. Great news if you happen to sit next to him not.

If they banned hot food would be a start. Hard to enforce as people could
sneak food
onto the train but in the same way passengers would intervene if someone
lit a cigarette, peole could mention and try to discourage it.

regards