Old December 24th 17, 01:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default TfL to make half of Berkshire wheelchair accessible

"Charles Ellson" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Dec 2017 00:54:47 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Charles Ellson wrote:
On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 07:23:09 +0000 (GMT+00:00), tolly57
wrote:

PhilD Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 11:51:07 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
Boundary of TfL ownership? I presume Taplow will be it.

*Ownership* boundary will be near Royal Oak. Station responsibility
will be Taplow (Slough stays with GWR).

Zone 6 is currently West Drayton for Oyster and Freedom Pass
holders, I assume an extension ticket will be required for onward
travel to Reading then?

Freedom Pass/60+ Oyster holders only need a valid ticket of some type
for the extended journey as no touch in/out or stopping of the train
is required at the boundary station. PAYG Oyster needs a touch in/out
at both ends of the journey within the Oyster zones to prevent a
maximum fare being created.

True, but I don't think we know yet how far west the Freedom Pass will run
when the Elizabeth line opens: West Drayton, Taplow, or somewhere in
between? And what zone(s) will the new stations be in for Oyster?

Based on the current arrangements for FP/60+, "how far" is probably as
far as the GLA regards as reasonable (see also Swanley and Dartford)
to support GL residents going off-patch. West Drayton is the last bit
of the GL conurbation, Iver is in comparative countryside so Langley
or Slough would seem to be natural choices while anything west of
Slough is arguably a trip into the countryside beyond. For paid Oyster
it might be whatever the system can support, maybe in conjunction with
sorting the anomoly which is going to result if/when Watford (Met)
services (zone 7) are diverted to Watford Junction (zone 9 and a bit).

next century you mean?

tim