Old June 4th 04, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

Default Any tube staff know?

"!Speedy Gonzales!" wrote in
message ...
How easy is it to get a PT for the tube? I'm coming down to London next

week
from 'oop north' and am hoping to use my BR employee travel pass to get a
'privilege ticket' but have heard from some colleagues that it is nigh on
impossible to get one?!? I'm looking at buying an off-peak travel card for
zones 1&2, I realise this will cost £5 or so per day but I'm hoping to get
discount on that, anyone able to offer advice on how to get one and how

much
it might cost?

Thanx in advance!

--

!Speedy Gonzales!

to reply, remove the 'OBVIOUS'

Speaking as railway staff I can say I've never had a problem. It's a pain
you can't buy them in advance and you've got to go to the ticket window but
other than that a flash of the pass and there's no problem. They also
usually mis-price it to a 75% priv.

You can only get an all underground pass not a travel card (that includes
buses) as rail staff don't qualify for bus discounts.