Old January 1st 18, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default TfL to make half of Berkshire wheelchair accessible

Neil Williams wrote:
On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 02:27:32 -0800 (PST), Paul Corfield
wrote:

I don't know about allergies. I'm not knowingly allergic to anything but
you may be correct. I appreciate you're enjoying the prospect of me
suffering additional anguish from a force fed NB4L ride complete with
ridiculous "disguise" but I doubt I'm that much of a sucker for punishment. ;-)

FWIW I have noticed feeling a bit yuck on occasions on brand new buses
and trains (and cars) of various types. It's not unusual for plastics
to give off more nasty vapours in the first few months (e.g.
formaldehyde), possibly you're sensitive to that and wouldn't get the
effect if you used one now.

The other thing that does that to me is newly installed laminate
flooring or MDF (but not once it's been down a month or two and the
vapour has reduced markedly). When installing it (which involves even
more being given off as it is cut) I get a noticeably tight throat,
too.

Yes, that makes sense. Perhaps Paul used them when they first came in, when
the ventilation was apparently poor, felt unwell, and has steered clear of
them ever since?