Old June 4th 04, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Off peak day travelcard

Jason wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:46:56 +0100, "Graham J"
wrote:

My local railway station would never sell off-peak travelcards
until approximately 9:25am on the day of travel (i.e. after the
last timetabled departure before 9:30am) and the ticket machines
also wouldn't offer them until quite near 9:30am. I assumed this
was a widespread policy and was blissfully unaware till this year
that you *could* buy them in advance elsewhere.

Last Tuesday I bought an off-peak travelcard at about 8am from a
ticket agent.

That got me thinking: can O/P travelcards be used on buses before
9:30am?

No, they are not valid anywhere before 09:30 Mon-Fri (all-day validity
at weekends). Curiously there is no definition of what off-peak means
in the TfL Fares for 2004 leaflet, but it's defined in the more
comprehensive 58-page Fares and Tickets booklet.
--
Richard J.