Old January 9th 18, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default TfL rolling stock crisis

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 04:40:49 -0800 (PST), Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Monday, 8 January 2018 18:45:13 UTC, tim... wrote:
Hm

I wonder what their plan is to win back the mayoralty in 2020 - only a 50%
fare increase?

tim

Obviously no one knows what the politicians are planning post 2020 but TfL are assuming fares will rise by RPI after the fares freeze. I got this from them when I recently FOI-ed a load of extra data from the new Business Plan.

I suppose TfL has to assume that business reverts to normal at the end
of any particular political pledge. Of course, by then, rail fares
probably won't be linked to RPI anyway, but TfL can't assume any
change in national fare strategy.