Old January 12th 18, 12:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default a new bus announcement

On Friday, 12 January 2018 11:25:03 UTC, martin wrote:
travelling on a 37 this morning, one of their new stock
I was rather surprised to be told by the lady who tells
us everything on buses, just as the door closed:
"please hold on the bus is about to move" I thought most
bus passengers understood that or is it not obvious enough
since we havent quite perfected teleportation yet.

--
Martin

Also see

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/sshrp-2017...-programme.pdf

and

https://www.london.gov.uk/moderngov/...s%20safety.pdf

A hell of a lot of effort and money is being put into this. If you think announcements are bad wait until the driver is not really in charge of the bus because a computer is talking to a speed limit map and controlling the speed.

--
Paul C
via Google