Old January 12th 18, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Woodall[_2_] Tim Woodall[_2_] is offline

Default a new bus announcement

On 2018-01-12, martin wrote:
travelling on a 37 this morning, one of their new stock
I was rather surprised to be told by the lady who tells
us everything on buses, just as the door closed:
"please hold on the bus is about to move" I thought most
bus passengers understood that or is it not obvious enough
since we havent quite perfected teleportation yet.

I've heard it - and I think it's a good idea - but the bus drivers start
too soon. Perhaps there should be a pause and beep - and the driver only
starts on the beep.

When lots of people are getting on you can have no idea when exactly the
bus will start to move, especially if you are on the stairs or walking
along the top deck to a seat.

Getting off you can wait for the bus to stop before using the stairs.