Old January 14th 18, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Roberts[_2_] Mike Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default a new bus announcement

On 14/01/18 16:58, DRH wrote:
On Friday, 12 January 2018 11:25:03 UTC, martin wrote:
travelling on a 37 this morning, one of their new stock
I was rather surprised to be told by the lady who tells
us everything on buses, just as the door closed:
"please hold on the bus is about to move" I thought most
bus passengers understood that or is it not obvious enough
since we havent quite perfected teleportation yet.

--
Martin

One can appreciate TfL's desire to reduce 'surface transport' passenger accidents after publication of the safety report in July last year.

I travelled on about seven buses yesterday and every one had started moving before the announcement chimed in. Maybe it needs to come before the route/destination announcement, not after.

DRH

The 142 I used yesterday made the announcement and then sat for about 10
seconds before moving off
MikeR