Old January 14th 18, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
michael adams[_8_] michael adams[_8_] is offline

Default a new bus announcement

"Robin" wrote in message
On 14/01/2018 16:58, DRH wrote:

I travelled on about seven buses yesterday and every one had started moving

before the announcement chimed in. Maybe it needs to come before the route/destination
announcement, not after.

Which would mean people who have got on the wrong bus

What wrong bus ? On the very infrequent ocasions I use buses
the bus I use is the only bus on that particular route for around
80% of the distance. And only ever terminate at one destination
at either end.

In any case the announcements are only made in English
which is hardly a help to the tourists for whom presumably
such announcemennts would be of most use. Same as
on the underground.

But then again because TfL "can" do something at little or no
extra cost which "may" "enhance the travelling experience
of say 0.5% of their "customers" - in this case amnesiacs
subject to panic attacks then its odds-on they "will" do it.

Judging by my limited experience at least, standards of driving on buses
vary greatly but I'm not sure whether or not these have deteriorated
down the years. There still seem to be a minority of drivers capable of
anticipating hazards and not being solely reliant on their brakes
even in busy enironments but whether such skills are rewarded
in any way i don't know.

michael adams