Old January 15th 18, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default a new bus announcement

On 15/01/2018 11:24, Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 15/01/2018 11:14, Robin wrote:
On 15/01/2018 11:01, Someone Somewhere wrote:

What about playing it when the bus was at a bus stop (GPS?Â* or any of
the doors operating) and then the indicator was put on by the driver?

Possible disbenefit is that if the message plays while people are
still getting off the bus then you make them nervous/hurried,
increasing the number of injuries from their falls etc.

The driver shouldn't have put on his indicator until he is ready to move
off surely?

Sorry, yes, I misunderstood your proposition.

But yes, I agree with that.Â* Also, once you start taking responsibility
for warning passengers, does that not mean you are assuming liability so
if the message is not played or played inappropriately passengers could
sue because they weren't warned as they reasonably could have been
expected to be?

--
Robin