Old January 16th 18, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Heathrow Hyperloop hype

On 16/01/2018 00:26, Certes wrote:
On 15/01/18 21:19, Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 15/01/2018 17:33, tim... wrote:

"Someone Somewhere" wrote in message
you are Michael Bell AICMFP

Who's that?

Mr. Bell was, until recently, a regular contributor to uk.railway.
He suggested a number of schemes which were financially or technically
unproven.Â* The most notable was an alternative to HS2: a þ (thorn)
shaped route, with stations on a loop of cities which he styled
Ringby, continuing via Middlesbrough to Scotland.

Ah - that's not me! I just thought that with the absurdly optimistic
claims for the Hyperloop system that we might as well take it to its
full extent and suggest something truly radical for it.