Old June 5th 04, 01:31 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london
Zobo Kolonie Zobo Kolonie is offline

Default Was No Puter' No train tickets, OT Stansted cashpoints

"Steve Dulieu" wrote in message

"Jeremy Parker" wrote in message
I know just how they felt at Heathrow. A couple of weeks ago I
wanted totake a train. The screen on the ticket machine, instead of
the normal information said, "Windows NT, logging in", and then
"sorry, no service". It was still "sorry, no service" several days
later.

/rant on/
Pretty OT, so apologies. About two weeks ago I arrived at Stansted at

about
23:00 (easyjet flight from Munich). Had a minicab booked but no sterling,

so
off to the cashpoints to get a bit of dosh. AFAIK there are three

cashpoints
at Stansted, none of which are anywhere near the arrivals gate, all next

each other hidden around the side of a bureau de change and on this

occasion
all out of service. (wifey was impressed, "jump out of bed and meet me at
the door with 30 quid to pay for the cab please love" we still laugh about
it today) Coming from Munich, where there are shedloads of cashpoints (the
first you come across is immediately outside the arrivals gate) this came

as
a bit of a shock until I switched from German expectations to English
expectations. Why is it that we settle for such crap service in this
country? Any visitor arriving is going to want some cash, the cashpoint
should be there in front of them when they come through the gate and if
we're only going to have three fairly well hidden cashpoints in an airport
the size of Stansted, at least make sure that one of them is working!
/rant off/

Stanstead init, where all the pikey flights go :-)
--
ZK - When I die accelerate my body to light speed, I always wanted a burial
at c