Old June 5th 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

Default Any tube staff know?

wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 20:33:54 +0100, "JB"

!Speedy Gonzales!

Technically Ex-BR staff get 75% discount on season tickets and 50%

discount
on turn-up-and-travel tickets.

Not correct, 'safeguarded' staff (i.e. ex-BR) have always got 75%
discount from all standard tube fares, such as singles and returns,
and the same for seasons - although these have to be ordered in
advance with a special form from your TOC. No discounts on bus tickets
though, as previous posters have mentioned.

Upon what do you base this assumption? I'm sitting here reading my "Welcome
to Network South East" (1994) literature telling me what my travel
concessions are and it says 75% discount on tube seasons and 50% discount
for daily fares. Where did you read your information?

For example, I bought a single from Waterloo to Paddington last night
for 50p - 75% of the normal £2.00 single fare.

hth

As I've previously mentioned I'm almost always charged 25% cost also - it
doesn't mean it's correct.