Old June 5th 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Any tube staff know?

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 09:47:48 +0100 SJCWHUK
said...

Priv tickets are issued via the standard single/return section on the TOM
then the category is changed to priv then we have to look at a table for the
priv rate. So it takes a little longer.

So the machine can't calculate 75% of the normal fare or extension?
Amazing! BR's APTIS system IIRC simply has a button marked PRIV which
works out the reduction.

To get priv travel you must be in possession of a Priv Pass otherwise a priv
will not (or should not be issued). One other thing, some staff may ask to
have a closer look as some do exclude London Underground from the facility
(don't know why).

I always show my

(a) LUL Zones 1 & 2 Season
(b) BR Priv card which has endorsement 1 on it

Endorsements 9, 10 & 11 aren't valid on LUL services.

If you are coming in to Kings Cross enjoy the queues upstairs at the
temporary ticket office! :-(

Thankfully rarely have to queue up at Central London stations. My local
station is Finsbury Park where I have the choice of the WAGN ticket or
LUL. The former are usually quicker than LUL (shorter queues, less
faffing about) despite being by the opposite entrance to the one I use.

--
Phil Richards
London, N4