Old January 29th 18, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Last days of the 172s on the electrified GOBLIN

In message , at 12:25:30
on Mon, 29 Jan 2018, remarked:

You'll know then which components were impossible to source. Feel free
to fill us in on which ones they were.

As I've said more than once it wasn't a components problem. It's that the
boards were unmanufacturable at any affordable price. They needed
redesigning for modern components

I think Spud wants to know why they couldn't use the old boards with
the *old* components.

What old boards? They would have to be made and assembled from scratch, an
unaffordable prospect for the additional radios Railtrack wanted.

So we may be getting closer - the problem was a lack of boards, not a
lack of components to put on them?