Old June 6th 04, 08:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Hoffman Michael Hoffman is offline

Default Off peak day travelcard

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 wrote:

My local railway station would never sell off-peak travelcards until
approximately 9:25am on the day of travel (i.e. after the last timetabled
departure before 9:30am) and the ticket machines also wouldn't offer them
until quite near 9:30am. I assumed this was a widespread policy and was
blissfully unaware till this year that you *could* buy them in advance
elsewhere.

It sounds odd, but whilst you *can* buy that up to seven days in
advance from NR stations, you can't buy them *on the day* before the
departure of the last restricted service!

At least that's the rule, a lot of ticket offices sell them anyway and
stamp them 'not valid until 0930' or whatever the restriction is from
their station.

What is this rule?

I bought one from King's X Thameslink that was stamped simply "VALIDITY
ADVISED."
--
Michael Hoffman