Old February 22nd 18, 08:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Crossrail Railway Systems: End to End journey through Elizabeth line tunnels

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
news
On 2018\02\21 18:14, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2018\02\21 17:19, Recliner wrote:

LCY is meant to be a
local airport for east London,

Blimey. It's an airport. As a Londoner, I go to Gatwick, Heathrow,
Luton, Stansted or City, depending on where my flight is going from.
I've never chosen an airport and then seen where I can fly to.

This is a local airport for local people, there's nothing here for people
like you.

and the DLR already provides good local
connectivity, including multiple stops in the Canary Wharf area. It
also
has good links with the Jubilee line, and slightly less good with the
Central and District/H&C lines.

The only stations with both DLR to LCY and Crossrail will be Stratford
(a bit out of the way from Central London) and Woolwich/Arsenal (a bit
of a walk in not the best of areas to be carting luggage).

Canary Wharf is only a short walk between the stations.

No direct trains to LCY.

Missing the comma out has given that statement the exact opposite to the one
intended (I presume)

tim