Old February 26th 18, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Thameslink 2018 (pictures)

In message , at 16:01:12 on
Mon, 26 Feb 2018, Recliner remarked:

I braved the snow to travel on the first northbound Thameslink train
to use the Canal Tunnels, the Horsham to Peterborough.

So was I. (See report in uk.r) Also on the earlier first southbound one.

I travelled from East Croydon to Finsbury Park.

I got off there too, from the PB train.

The train itself was almost empty, with about half the passengers
taking no special interest in the new route,

Even more so on the later Cambridge train, people with LGW tagged
luggage apparently oblivious to the novelty of the working.

but the others rushing round with cameras.

Or like me, sitting there enjoying the trip but not rushing around with
a camera.

There were no announcements about it being the first run,

Indeed. And on the later "first northbound train to Cambridge", there
were almost no announcements at all of any kind.

but a chap came round as we passed through the Canal Tunnels handing
out free celebratory Thameslink cupcakes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW9QwxdWAAAT6P0.jpg

Most of the pax seemed to get off at Finsbury Park.

Bashers.

ps. Some poor chap got on at Hitchin wanting a ride to Letchworth, and
was mortified when it turned out to be non-stop to Cambridge.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72157693123465884

The later Cambridge train didn't show on the London Bridge A-Z either.