Old March 1st 18, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Thameslink 2018 (pictures)

In message , at 04:19:50
on Thu, 1 Mar 2018, remarked:

There were several Usenaughts on the trains, including ColinR. I
didn't bump into him either.

I suppose there more on the very first (southbound) service through the
new Canal Tunnels; it certainly looked that way from the video you linked.
I was surprised how empty the first northbound service was, at least at my
end of the train; perhaps it was busier near the front?

One problem of them being 12 car trains was it's a lot of space to spread
out along.

And despite the ride being very good in a vertical plane, I found them
quite difficult to walk through, being thrown from side to side rather a
lot. After ten cars-worth of that, I decided to stay put whenever
possible.