Old March 1st 18, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thameslink 2018 (pictures)

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
04:19:50 on Thu, 1 Mar 2018,
remarked:

There were several Usenaughts on the trains, including ColinR. I
didn't bump into him either.

I suppose there more on the very first (southbound) service through the
new Canal Tunnels; it certainly looked that way from the video you
linked. I was surprised how empty the first northbound service was, at
least at my end of the train; perhaps it was busier near the front?

One problem of them being 12 car trains was it's a lot of space to spread
out along.

And despite the ride being very good in a vertical plane, I found
them quite difficult to walk through, being thrown from side to side
rather a lot. After ten cars-worth of that, I decided to stay put
whenever possible.

I didn't find it that bad. I went to the loo not long after leaving Gatwick
and had to walk through a carriage or two.

--
Colin Rosenstiel