Old March 6th 18, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Heaton[_4_] James Heaton[_4_] is offline

Default Taxi fares in Norwich

"Offramp" wrote in message
Norwich is not a huge city, but it's not small either. When I was there
recently taxi fares were a flat £5 for every journey within the city
limits. Those limits covered more or less everywhere inside the A47
diameter.

If we had a similar thing in London, with hackneys charging £7 instead of
that baffling logarithmic Huskisson scale that they currently use, they
might get more custom.

ABC minicab at a guess, they are the firm advertising a zonal fare.

Outside the central zone they are £3.80 for first mile and £1.50 a mile
after that.

Surprisingly difficult to find the NCC Hackney rate - but a lot more than
that - have seen £3 for 300yds suggested.

James