Old March 11th 18, 06:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Mail Rail (Post Office Railway) visit

In message
-sept
ember.org, at 17:05:04 on Sun, 11 Mar 2018, Recliner
remarked:
Additionally the conductor rail has to be removed to allow the passenger
train to run; this is not a problem in itself but it does prevent future
demonstrations of automatic trains (something I'd love to see, but I don't
know if it's on anyone's agenda) if you remove too much of it.

I didn't know the line had been used for trials of automatic trains? How
would they get them up and down, given that the old depot can no longer be
used for surface access?

If there's no surface access, how did they get the tour-trains in there?