Old June 7th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Christopher Allen Christopher Allen is offline

Default Buying boundary zone tickets on the web?

I need to travel to Gatwick (returning a few days later), but already
have a zones 1-5 travelcard, so buying a boundary zone 5 to Gatwick
ticket seems like the obvious choice (provided I don't want to take
the Gatwick Express, I suppose).

Is it possible to obtain boundary zone tickets in advance via the web?
If so, how? (Strangely, telling thetrainline.com that I wanted to
depart from 'boundary zone 5' didn't seem to work! ;-)

Also, are BZ tickets available as period returns, or only day returns?
I'd prefer to avoid having to guess, on my way back, whether the next
train is going to be for Victoria or London Bridge - and as previously
discussed here you can get a wherever to BZx ticket as the return
half of a return, but not as a single...

Christopher

--
Christopher Allen . + . -===""===- c==== .