Old March 12th 18, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Mail Rail (Post Office Railway) visit

In message
-septem
ber.org, at 09:58:59 on Mon, 12 Mar 2018, Recliner
remarked:
Just so you know, I'm not advocating an extension.

there would need to be an evacuation route through that station.

Every station will have some kind of access to ground level.

They did when they were active stations on Mail Rail. And even then, they
were used by the workers on the railway, and probably emerged inside the
mail sorting area above. That may be owned by someone else now, and the
route to the tunnel sealed off.

Or it may not. (Plus, it's commonplace for closed tunnels to maintain an
inspection access, even when the building on the surface has been
re-purposed).

The potential walk through
the tunnel would also be much longer, and uphill, to one or other station.

They'd probably also feel obliged to set up additional AV shows on the two
extra platforms traversed. The much longer ride would probably only be run
at less busy times, at a significantly higher price, and aimed at
enthusiasts, not families.

The AV shows aren't aimed at enthusiasts, so probably just a longer ride
would be sufficient.

The museum people who run Mail Rail probably wouldn't see it that way.

Just so you know, I'm not advocating an extension.