Old March 12th 18, 01:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Mail Rail (Post Office Railway) visit

On 12/03/2018 13:28, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:04:07 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message 2132316179.542480534.571005.recliner.ng-
, at 17:05:04 on Sun, 11 Mar
2018, Recliner remarked:
Additionally the conductor rail has to be removed to allow the passenger
train to run; this is not a problem in itself but it does prevent future
demonstrations of automatic trains (something I'd love to see, but I don't
know if it's on anyone's agenda) if you remove too much of it.

I didn't know the line had been used for trials of automatic trains? How
would they get them up and down, given that the old depot can no longer be
used for surface access?

Here's how they took out some of the remaining trains in 2011:

https://www.londonreconnections.com/...ving-the-mail-
rail/

Some quite thin chains given how heavy those locomotives must be.

Surely the single yellow fabric strap is the more concerning part of the
set up?

I'm sure it was all risk-assessed.

The fabric strap has a steel core I assume.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.