Old June 7th 04, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Ban Hot food on the tube (was Strike Action)

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On 7 Jun 2004, CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North wrote:

"JB" wrote in message

do you kick someone off for eating a polo mint? What about a
biscuit?) but I do think its time that LU started reintroducing
bins. Theres no reason not to have then since as we've seen
terrorist hardly need them to cause chaos these days.

Also had the misfortune to watch a small child eating a burger on
the train. The mayonnaise was oozing out of the burger and the child
was wiping it on the seats next to him whilst his mother was smiling
adoringly. Great news if you happen to sit next to him not.

There are a lot of things that people do on the tube which infer with
the smooth running of the tube and can cause discomfort to passengers.
People who put their bags on the seats leaving people to stand?
However, considering London Underground does not have the resources to
stop people skipping paying tube fares I would love to know how London
Underground would stop people from taking hot food on to the tube. A lot
of gate staff don't flinch when people jump the barriers or push through
the gates so I doubt they will chase after someone smuggling a
cheeseburger onto the tube.

SOLUTION = ARM TUBE STAFF.

That's the best idea I've seen from this group for ages! ;-)