Old March 16th 18, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Crossrail fares announced - and a massive extension!

In message , at 08:26:39
on Fri, 16 Mar 2018, remarked:
In article ,

(Richard J.) wrote:

Clive Page wrote on 16 Mar 2018 at 11:45 ...
On 16/03/2018 10:13, Someone Somewhere wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...to-match-tube-
prices-but-heathrow-passengers-set-to-pay-premium-a3791496.html

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20,* from Z2 only £4.50,
otherwise normal fares.

An important question I can't see an answer to is: does a zone 1-6
travelcard cover travel on the Elizabeth Line as far as Heathrow?

Yes it does. Also Freedom Passes.

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/pr...or-of-london-a
nnounces-tfl-fares-will-apply-to-elizabeth-line

Or, to be precise, no.

It does NOT say that a zone 1-6 travelcard will cover travel on the
Elizabeth Line as far as Heathrow.

"As part of the integrated service, daily fare capping for Oyster and
contactless and weekly fare capping for contactless will apply, with
travelcards that cover Zone 6 able to be used on services to Heathrow."

It's well written as smoke and mirrors
but it offers no prices to Heathrow using travelcards, nor can I see any
reference to Freedom Passes. So what those of us outside London who would
expect to buy a day travelcard and not use Oyster are supposed to do is
entirely unstated.