Old July 22nd 03, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Fulham Broadway tube

"Cal Nihoni" wrote in message
Saddened today to see the mess that is the original Fulham Broadway tube
station entrance, since the new entrance via the shopping centre opened

two
weeks ago.

It didn't look that messy to me today.

I noticed that there were no escalators down to or up from either platform,
and the lifts don't work yet. Three of the four lift doors don't have any
signs warning you that the lifts don't work yet, so you find out the hard
way by waiting for a lift that never comes.

Incidentally, the top floor of the shopping centre, which contains a health
and fitness centre and nothing else, has an escalator up to it and another
one down from it, despite it being only about 10 feet above the floor
beneath. I think the down escalator is particularly important: I can see
that no-one would use a health and fitness centre if they had to descend a
dozen steps to get out of it. I would love to know how the business case for
that down-escalator added up when the business case for an up-escalator from
the platforms didn't. Perhaps the health and fitness centre is hoping to be
visited by Whitney Houston, and they heard that "Whitney doesn't do steps".

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped