Old March 17th 18, 09:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] speirsrc@gmail.com is offline

Default Early DLR aerial shot

On Saturday, 10 March 2018 16:54:53 UTC, Recliner wrote:
I came across this historic image on Twitter, showing the just-built DLR
viaduct crossing the derelict docks at Canary Wharf, before the skyscrapers
were parachuted in. The absense of trains suggests that the pic was taken
in 1986 or 87.

Fascinating pictures. I don't think DLR construction is complete in this photo. Although the viaduct is in place, none of the DLR stations have been built yet. You should be able to see West India Quay, (the original) Canary Wharf (demolished and replaced without ever opening), Herons Quay and South Quay.
Interesting to see that the original docklands development buildings didn't last - The (under construction) building at the west end of Canary Wharf and the purple low rise buildings on Herons Quays are already demolished - being replaced with skyscrapers as I type.