Old March 20th 18, 12:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Crossrail fares announced - and a massive extension!

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:20:23 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:56:57 on Tue, 20 Mar
2018, remarked:

Given an airliner can use anything up to a ton of fuel (747) just to taxi
around a large airport such as Heathrow ,

Divided by the number of passengers then leaving by road.

It would be interesting to see how many people arrive by car or taxi vs
train/tube or bus/coach. I would guess the latter probably exceeds the

former
by an order of magnitude.

The figures are available online.

As usual, you are completely wrong:

"59% of passengers at Heathrow travel to the airport by car or taxi, 28%
use rail and 13% bus/coach."

Strange. I suppose minicabs will account for a lot too.

They are included in the car/taxi total, obviously.

No **** sherlock. It certainly won't be car drivers, there arn't enough parking
spaces.