Old March 22nd 18, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Crossrail fares announced - and a massive extension!

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:38:32 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:57:54 on
Thu, 22 Mar 2018, Neil Williams remarked:

Possibly, I only see the signage that says "We're brightening up our
welcome" as I drive past in the coach. I've not bothered checking their
plans, as they won't affect me much, but I can't see a reason to run
pods there, and they would only need one tunnel for them, anyway, as the
width of the existing pods to T5 would permit two way working in a
single tunnel.

If they're self driving pods like those being trialled in MK they run
on the pavement with pedestrians at low speed.

They'd be like the T5 ones (in effect a small-scale guided busway).

Except electronically guided rather than having a physical rail which means
they can only run at slow speed.