Old March 22nd 18, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Crossrail fares announced - and a massive extension!

In message , at 14:10:22 on Thu, 22 Mar
2018, remarked:
Possibly, I only see the signage that says "We're brightening up our
welcome" as I drive past in the coach. I've not bothered checking their
plans, as they won't affect me much, but I can't see a reason to run
pods there, and they would only need one tunnel for them, anyway, as the
width of the existing pods to T5 would permit two way working in a
single tunnel.

If they're self driving pods like those being trialled in MK they run
on the pavement with pedestrians at low speed.

They'd

(see below)

be like the T5 ones (in effect a small-scale guided busway).

Except electronically guided rather than having a physical rail which means
they can only run at slow speed.

I think you'll find the T5 ones are electronically guided too.

Those

"They" are the Central Terminal ones.

were the ones I was talking about. A solution looking for a problem.

Which whatever the merits, were proposed to be the same as the T5 ones.
So no exception, contrary to your claim.