Old March 28th 18, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default When will the 700s reach moorgate?

On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 12:08:38 UTC+1, wrote:
I used the moorgate line today. Still no sign of the 700s down there, just
the usual 313s which don't look like they've had any TLC for a long time
now. Are the 700s still waiting approval to run down there or do great northern
want to use the 700s on just the express routes initiallt?

700s will not run to Moorgate as they are too long and do not have cab doors for tunnel evacuation. GTR ordered a variant called the 717 which will replace the 313s. This are 6 cars long and do have centre cab doors. The first train is under test on the continent. I believe that they are due in service from the Autumn this year once fleet deliveries start and all of the necessary testing has been completed. So not too long before the 313s start to head to the scrap heap.

--
Paul C
via Google