Old March 29th 18, 07:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Guy Gorton[_3_] Guy Gorton[_3_] is offline

Default tube delay refunds

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 19:41:10 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

Yesterday, when I got back to LHR I went down to the platforms at T123 and
waited (along with a 100 other people) 20-25 minutes for a train to appear.

So that entitles me (and everybody else on the platform at that time, plus
probably everybody waiting at all the stations to Acton Town) to a refund
for my/their journey.

I tried doing it online, but because I originally registered my card to a
"throw away" email I'd forgotten my account details, so I had to phone up to
fix that (I'd been putting that task off for the past 10 years).

He solved that problem and has now transferred my card to my current email
address, so I asked him if he could process my refund.

After I told him my journey he said, "Oh there are no delays showing for the
Picc yesterday" (only 4 trains in a row were cancelled)

But he believed my story and processed a refund, but had I done it online it
would have been rejected.

Well what a crock of **** that is.

It all relies upon TfL staff admitting that there was a delay in the first
place.

and if they don't, you're ******

Not that I'm going to lose sleep over 3 pounds.

tim

And how much did this delay cost you in money?

Guy Gorton